Friday, March 21, 2008

Vampires.

Thats what I like to call the good folks over at Stanford Blood Center. They call me without fail for a blood donation (in for an ounce, in for a pound). My first donation was in high-school...and I’ve probably donated on average once a year since then. When you finally settle down someplace and donate to a place that keeps records (like Stanford), they put you on a ’rewards program’. So this being my 8th donation to SBC, I get the gallon pin (seen here). Obviously, I’m in this for the gifts. I think when I get to the 10 gallon mark, I get a pen...or is it the scarf. But all joking aside, they really are a caring and dedicated bunch of workers and volunteers doing a great service. Just a day before my donation, I read an article about the shelf-life of blood being shortened from 6 weeks to 2 weeks. Needless to say, this would put a huge crimp on current inventory.

My father was always a blood donor, and I consider him a great person, so why not follow in his footsteps?

No comments: